Thursday, December 20, 2007

the road to recovery


Sammy finally did his little happy-dance yesterday, for the first time since his attack! Woo-hoo!! My sweet, little angel is on the road to recovery. He's eating again (he skipped one meal, which made me freak out, of course, on the same day when he was very lethargic), and acting more like himself - he's even started barking again. Never have I been so happy to hear my dog bark.

Thanks to all who have been praying for the little guy. My camera broke, so I can't take a current picture - but he's sleeping on my pillow, next to Emma (my medium sized, border collie mix).

The whole incident frightened Emma, too. She's prone to seizures, but thankfully, she hasn't had any since this happened.

At bedtime, after the attack, she tried her best to cuddle close to him. Her head is about half the size of Sammy's entire body, so I was concerned that she might inadvertently hurt him. I kept trying to keep her away; she kept trying to get closer to him. She finally settled in with her head right next to his little body, and they both drifted off to sleep.

No comments: